The radical and innovative new 2009 model YZF-R1 represents the most significant development in engine and chassis technology ever seen in the 11-year history of this legendary motorcycle.
Since the original YZF-R1 was released into an awe-struck marketplace, Yamaha’s flagship 1,000cc model has established a reputation as being one of the most innovative and exciting motorcycles in the large-capacity supersport class. For 2009 that outstanding reputation is sure to be reinforced more than ever before!
Real-world performance that will make your everyday ride extraordinary.
The 2009 FZ1 a cutting edge sport bike
with a twist. Unlike most other machines in this class, the FZ1 features state of the art engine and chassis designs. The twist is you don't have to sacrifice performance or handling to gain excellent rider and passenger comfort... the FZ1 offers it all!
* Light, powerful and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production 600cc motorcycle Yamaha - or anybody else - has ever built.
* The YZF-R6 was the ﬁrst production motorcycle with a ﬂy-by-wire throttle system for ﬂawless response under all conditions.
* YCC-I, Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader powerband. On the higher revving R6, its benefits are even more pronounced.
* Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
* The YZF-R6 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 40 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 4.6 gallons of gas.
* Multipurpose, go-anywhere do-anything middleweight; the FZ6 is just as happy taking you to work, for a brisk sport ride or on a weekend tour.
* Style and performance: Controlled-Fill die-cast aluminum frame, a high-tech half fairing and an undertail exhaust are just a few of the FZ6’s upscale components.
* Super-light and compact fuel-injected YZF-R6S engine is tuned for enhanced mid-range performance as well as strong revvability.
* The FZ6 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 40 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 5.1 gallons of gas.
* For 2009, the FJR1300A receives an updated clutch to reduce lever pressure for rider comfort.
* A light-and-rigid aluminum frame, sportbike running gear and standard hard sidebags go beautifully together.
* Pushbutton adjustable windscreen and a thick comfy seat for two are perfect for comfortable, long-distance riding.
* The world’s ﬁrst supersport touring bike boasts standard ABS and adjustable ergonomics—that widen the gap between it and common sport tourers.
* Advanced air management system and adjustable bodywork keep the FJR rider looking and feeling cool.
Fuel-injected Ninja twin-cylinder performance, a beautiful Euro-inspired chassis, and relaxed all-day comfort combine to form the sweet, do-it-all Ninja 650R. Sleek form meets superior function in the bike’s full fairing, and in the way its steel trellis frame integrates into its stylish swingarm via an innovative side-mounted shock. Carefully tuned suspension, triple disc brakes and a curb weight of just 450 pounds give this special motorcycle the sort of performance you expect from a Ninja sportbike.
To truly push the envelope, a rider needs a calm yet responsive sportbike with precision control feel and confidence-inspiring manners. That machine is perfectly embodied by the new 2009 Ninja® ZX-6R. Thanks to an extensive overhaul by the Kawasaki engineers; weight shaving, improving mass centralization, refining engine and chassis behavior, adding a revolutionary front fork design; the new leaner, more precise Ninja ZX-6R delivers the elusive calm and confident handling that top racers need.
In the ever changing world of global superbike supremacy, the mantra evolve or get left behind still holds true. The 2009 Kawasaki Ninja® ZX-14 has not rested on its laurels. The winning traits massive torque, effortless power, agile handling and comfortable ergonomics of the 1352cc Ninja king have landed it a sizeable collection of open class sportbike victories. Despite ever-tightening noise and emissions regulations; the ZX-14 has continued to set the pace of sportbike excellence ever since its domineering debut in March of 2006.
Kawasaki doesn’t redesign the 2009 ZX-10R although there have been question marks related to its doubtful approach on the most recent model years. Still, the Ninja is a high-performing sports motorcycle (no mechanical changes either) which lets no room for error in the liter class so it requires its fair share of additions consisting in nicer green and white, bronze and black color schemes.
The new colors diminish its ugly nose and make a Kawi fan “miss” the design drawbacks, especially if it lives in Europe and can go for the all-white model now available on the old continent
The new VN900 Custom is a factory built custom bike that really stands out from the crowd. It’s the result of Kawasaki's pursuit of the essence of a true custom motorcycle. A study in contrasts, its low set rear, massive rear tyre and solid disc wheel are juxtaposed against a clean and lightweight front end. With the flick of a switch, the fuel injected V-Twin VN900 Custom comes to life, its satisfying pulse urging the rider to hit the open road. The feel good acceleration and light, sporty handling characteristics offer a stress free riding sensation that will have riders reluctant to dismount, except perhaps to admire their ride. Designed to look good from all angles, the carefully crafted VN900 Custom’s bodywork creates delicate patterns of light and shadow, enhancing the Custom’s striking appearance. Whether booming down the highway or cruising slowly through city streets, the Vulcan 900 Custom’s light sporty handling makes it one easy to ride cruiser